Thursday, May 17, 2018

A Name Collage Activity

Over the next while, I'm hoping to teach my 3-year-old daughter the letters that make up her name through different activities and crafts. I love it when a fun art project also becomes a teaching opportunity!

Here is a colourful, simple and fun activity you can do with your preschooler -- a Name Collage Activity. I am always looking for activities that take little time to prepare and this is one of them!

I simply taped two pieces of computer paper together (you may need more depending on how long your child's name is) and wrote my daughter's name on it using a marker. Make sure to leave a bit of space between each letter. Then I cut small squares from wrapping paper that I found in the closet. I chose bright and colourful wrapping paper with flowers on it, but any wrapping paper will do! The only other supply that you need is glue. I use clear school glue. Instead of having my daughter squeeze the glue out of the tube, I poured some into an empty baby food jar and had her apply the glue to the paper with a paint brush. It works great! 



I first told Raya what the letters were and then had her repeat them back to me. I find this the perfect opportunity for her to recognize letters (uppercase and lowercase). 



And here is the end result....


A beautiful collage display of her name!


No comments:

Post a Comment