Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Meet the Rock Family

Sometimes crafts come together in parts, piecing it together in simple, creative ways, not always knowing what the end result might be. 

This particular craft started out with some time outdoors looking for different sized rocks (we have a number of them in our backyard).
I pulled out our Crayola washable paints and my 3-year-old, Raya, painted them, all in different colours. She loves to paint, so I'm always looking for different objects and textures for her to try and paint.



We left them to dry and the next day we thought it would be fun to draw faces on them! So I grabbed a sharpie and Raya drew eyes, nose and mouth on each of them. 

And then a couple days later, we came back to this same craft again and I pulled out my bakers twine and yarn -- perfect for hair! I let Raya choose which colour yarn she wanted for each of the rocks and I cut them to size. She then painted white craft glue on each of the rocks and placed the yarn/bakers twine on them. (I wasn't sure if white craft glue would hold, but it held no problem and still has not come off!) 

The end result? The Rock Family. 
We had no intention of making it a 'family'; we just so happened to have 2 larger rocks for the Mom & Dad and 2 smaller rocks for the kids. :)

A fun project that came together so nicely! 







No comments:

Post a Comment